An update on the Rick Trotter situation and Fellowship Memphis. Rick Trotter made an appearance in court on September 20, 2016. There is more information coming to me that Rick Trotter allegedly photographed teenagers and young adults in a Chic-Fil- A in the Atlanta, Georgia area. Also Heather Trotter is alleged to have used money that Fellowship Memphis gave her for cosmetic surgery instead of being responsible with it. This post also indicates what is coming down the pike at The Wondering Eagle in regards to this Acts 29 church.
“Peace and justice are two sides of the same coin.”
“Justice is sweat and musical; but injustice is harsh and discordant.”
Henry David Thoreau
For I, the Lord, love justice. I hate robbery and wrongdoing.
I will faithfully reward my people for their suffering and make an everlasting covenant with them.
Isaiah 61:8 NLT
John and Beth Bryson are proud of Rick Trotter
On September 20, 2016 Rick Trotter the former announcer for the NBA Basketball team the Memphis Grizzlies, appeared in court for a quick hearing. It was there that his attorney asked for the date to be pushed back until October 24, 2016. Rick Trotter stands accused of allegedly photographing women without their consent at Downtown Church, formerly Downtown Presbyterian Church.
Did Rick Trotter Commit Other Alleged Sex Crimes?
I am hearing from differing individuals that Rick Trotter engaged in alleged voyeurism at multiple locations both inside and outside Tennessee. It my understanding that Rick Trotter was a general manager at a Chic-Fil-A in the Atlanta, Georgia area. In the franchise he worked in I am hearing that Rick Trotter allegedly approached teenagers and young adults and paid them money for them to lift up their clothing and allow him to take pictures of them. This also raises another question did Rick Trotter allegedly place a camera in the restroom of the Chic-Fil-A in Atlanta? Was child pornography allegedly manufactured in the process? What about the Chic-Fil-A that he worked at in Union Avenue? Did Rick allegedly take pictures of young adults and teenagers? Was child pornography manufactured in that Chic-Fil-A location as well?
Rick Trotter also worked at a lot of events as he was “the voice of Memphis.” Its my understanding that there are other women who believe they were illegally videotaped as well. This is at social events, fundraisers, a wedding and other gatherings outside Fellowship Memphis and Chic-Fil-A. My encouragement to you is if you suspect that you have been illegally recorded to contact the Memphis Police and report the situation. The more people that come forward the more that Rick Trotter can be held accountable for his behavior.
Heather Trotter Update
Its my understanding that Heather Trotter allegedly received a large cash amount from Fellowship Memphis. Her divorce from Rick Trotter is completed. From what I have heard from my sources while I do not know what the cash amount given, what she did with the money is deeply disturbing. Let me ask you this…what do you think most responsible people would do in this situation? You learn your husband has been arrested for committing alleged sex crimes and your flow of income has been interrupted. This happens when you are responsible for children as well. So what do you think most wise individuals would do in this situation? Maybe put money aside to plan for hard times ahead? Perhaps use the money to pay for legal costs incurred in a divorce? Or use the money to get solid psychological counseling for your children especially if they learn that their father allegedly recorded them in the restroom of their own home? That is not what happened with Heather Trotter. Its my understanding that Heather Trotter used the money that Fellowship Memphis gave her to allegedly have cosmetic surgery performed on her breasts. Medical information is private but I am hearing that a number of her friends are outraged as to what Heather Trotter has done. This is the question I have in regards to Heather Trotter. I find it hard to believe that she learned of Rick Trotter’s behavior suddenly. In these situations the following questions need to be asked. Did Heather Trotter enable Rick Trotter’s alleged voyeurism? Did Heather Trotter find illegal video recordings at home and instead destroy them instead of contacting law enforcement? Think of it this way…in State College, Pennsylvania Jerry Sandusky’s wife knew what Jerry Sandusky was doing with children when he took them downstairs into the basement. She chose to do nothing and thus enabled her husband. In another Acts 29 story that is being written about at The Wartburg Watch it becomes clear that the wife of Dustin Boles is allegedly aware of her husband’s behavior of alleged sexual assault. And yet she has allegedly enabled that behavior. That brings us back to Heather Trotter, the question needs to be asked. What did Heather Trotter know and when did she know it? I think in the end more people will be surprised by the information that comes forward. This story in many ways is just starting.
Fellowship Memphis Going Forward
Acts 29 Fellowship Memphis is going to be dismantled in a long, drawn out process. Its going to take time to influence and chip away. This church will be chipped away one blog post at a time. It wasn’t built over night and it won’t fall apart over night. The challenge that Bryan Loritts and John Bryson have is this, they lost control of the narrative. They lost control of the story and information. This and other blogs have stripped the narrative from this church. So far this blog has written 19 articles and going forward there are a lot of articles I would like to research and put together. And with some of the sources approaching me in the course of time these and other stories will all be addressed.
- An overview of how the celebrity pastor complex is corrupt and how it ensnares people. For example it is my understanding that Bryan Loritts always took some of the young black men and discipled and mentored them. In the process where they corrupted and sold onto a system that is corrupt? Is that what happened why Chris Davis?
- An overview of the Elder Board of Fellowship Memphis.
- An overview of Hamp Holcomb who leads the Elder Board and his role in the alleged cover up.
- Open letters to Steven Douglas the President of Cru regarding the Loritts and their relationship with Cru (formerly Campus Crusade for Christ)
- The manhood culture that John Bryon teaches and advocates inside Fellowship Memphis.
- The role that Fellowship Memphis plays in the Acts 29 network.
- An overview of Fellowship Associates of which I believe Fellowship Memphis is involved.
- I would like to find out if there were membership covenant issues at Fellowship Memphis as people tried to leave? Any spiritual abuse that took place?
- Are there alleged domestic abuse stories and where those mishandled?
- What is Fellowship Memphis’ relationship with other churches? Corruption in the south is a deep issue.
- If there are former Fellowship Memphis members who would like to tell their stories this blog will give them a platform.
- Did Crawford Loritts know what his son-in-law was doing? Did Crawford Loritts allegedly enable Rick Trotter’s behavior in any way?
- Where does the Memphis Police Department stand in regards to this investigation?
- Fellowship Memphis is often held up as the “multi ethnic” church model. I have a question that I would honestly like to probe. How successful is Fellowship Memphis as a “multi ethnic” church model? In the quest to create a multi-ethnic church were there situations of reverse discrimination that allegedly took place?
- I would like to do a profile of Richard Rieves and Downtown Church.
- I would love to have former members tell their story of Fellowship Memphis and how they got involved, cultural issues and why they left.
So those stories will come in time, please holler if you need anything and as always know that I love you!