A brief post on what Jonathan Leeman can learn from me accepting comments, especially as the 9 Marks editor has a nasty habit of deleting them! Once again the Eagle will flutter over to Capitol Hill Baptist Church and instruct 9 Marks and Jonathan on how to respond.
“Free speech carries with it some freedom to listen.”
“You know everyone believes in free speech until you start questioning them about it.”
“To suppress free speech is a double wrong. It violates the right of the hearer as well as the rights of the speaker.”
The godly hate lies; the wicked cause shame and disgrace.
Proverbs 13:5 NLT
The Spinmesiter of 9 Marks!
Tonight I was at Wegmans which I am convinced the Lord made on the eighth day. While I was there I started to have a fire storm and it was quite obvious that my last post on Fellowship Memphis hit a nerve. You can see the comments on the following post called, “Rick Trotter Update, News on Heather Trotter, and Acts 29 Fellowship Memphis Going Forward.” The IP addresses for all the comments are from the Memphis, Atlanta and California. Here is the reason why I approve comments like these on this blog.
- They give you a perspective on how people attached to these places or individuals think. You can see how strong the Kool Aid can be.
- They illustrate the problems of the church. After all when someone comes after me and calls me an asshole and this is from a “Gospel Centered” church you know you have problems.
- The comments are part of the story as this situation at Fellowship Memphis unfolds.
- Censoring or removing them despite the horrific attacks would play in their favor, after all if I left such a comment I would be embarrassed.
- Its foolish to think that in this day and age you can hide such comments.
Jonathan Leeman, again listen and learn from me. If you want to have lunch sometime I can show you how to approve such comments. Deleting or destroying them just won’t cut it today. If you don’t know as to what I am speaking about I encourage you to read Todd Wilhelm’s post called, “Jonathan Leeman: Parsing Words and Deleting Comments.” So with that said I hope you guys have a great evening!