This is a call for information from former members and those in the know in regards to Fellowship Church in Dallas, Pennsylvania. Their authoritarian behavior on Twitter raises many questions in my mind about this church. If there are any former members who would like to speak and discuss this church you can contact me.
“The key to wisdom is this – constant and frequent questioning, for by doubting we are led to question, by questioning we arrive at the truth.”
“A prudent question is one-half of wisdom.”
“If you were blind, you wouldn’t be guilty,” Jesus replied. “But you remain guilty because you claim you can see.
John 9:41 NLT
How the 9 Marks Church Search advertises Fellowship Church.
Deep theology in Bruce Willis’ Die Hard, welcome to the party Marc!
The other day I wrote a post about Marc Ramirez’s Fellowship Church in Dallas, Pennsylvania. You can read that post in “The Juvenile Behavior of Marc Ramirez, Tim Sheare, Karl Dyrli and Fellowship Church in Dallas, Pennsylvania on Twitter.” This church’s behavior was very authoritarian on Twitter. In the process they raised a number of questions that has me quite interested in this church. Most healthy or normal functioning churches do not behave the way Marc Ramirez’s church acted on Twitter. So I want to do a quick post to get this out there and see what turns up. I did this for the Evangelical Free Church of America and I was contacted about Steve Estes. You can read about that in “Steve Estes and Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania: A Painful Story of Domestic Abuse, Inappropriate Church Discipline, and Failed EFCA Polity.” I also did this with the Acts 29 network and got the story of Fellowship Memphis. In that situation the worship pastor allegedly engaged in voyeurism in a church restroom, and in the process allegedly manufactured child pornography. This is important to the EFCA because its my understanding that EFCA West is going to partner more with Acts 29. I believe Ryan Kwon at Resonate, is involved in that aspect. You can read more about Fellowship Memphis in “The Sordid Tale of Rick Trotter, Bryan Loritts, John Bryson and Acts 29 Fellowship Memphis and Downtown Presbyterian Church.” I have a very strong feeling in my gut that came about in seeing the lengths this church went to block me. In the process they drew a lot of attention to themselves. Unhealthy churches have people who are willing and eager to share what happened. An unhealthy system actually creates them. These are questions that I would like to ask, and if you have knowledge please contact me. My email address is email@example.com Has any of the following situations occurred in Fellowship Church?
- Have their been child sexual abuse situations that were handled in house and not reported to law enforcement?
- Have their been situations where sexual abuse victims were made to forgive their abusers?
- Have their been financial issues or extravagant use of money for personal reasons that people honestly gave in effort thinking that it was going to church missions or activity?
- Have their been people dealing with mental illness who were encouraged to go into Jay Adam’s counseling and as a result their mental health situation grew worse and they were harmed by it?
- Have their been any inappropriate church discipline that has occurred in this church?
- Have their been any membership covenant issues where people have been trapped or hurt because of a covenant?
- Have their been former members who have been shunned or cut off, or has this church caused issues in people’s families, marriages and lives?
- Have there been issues of spiritual abuse here that have taken place in other forms?
- Have there been any badly handled domestic violence situations where a wife in a dangerous situation was encouraged to submit to her abuser. Hey guys John Piper actually taught that in this Desiring God video.
In closing I will leave Fellowship Church with a Neil Diamond song. This is me saying hello again! Hello Marc Ramirez! Take care guys and know that I love you!