This is a compilation post of what The Gospel Coalition has been publishing about the COVID-19 these past three months. This post is light and this blog will pay attention to what will be published as the COVID-19 pandemic gets worse this winter.
“A challenge only becomes an obstacle when you bow to it.”
Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light to my path.
Psalm 119:105 ESV
The United States is moving into late November 2020 and the COVID-19 pandemic is spiking and is at the highest rates in the pandemic. We are at a higher rate now than we were in the spring time frame. The Gospel Coalition has published a number of articles and podcasts about the pandemic these last three months. This post is a compilation of those articles and podcasts. As the pandemic gets worse in November, December and January I expect more articles to be published. Some states are returning to lockdowns.
- Bruce Lowe from the Reformed Theological Seminary in Atlanta published an article about quarantine and dealing with anger. You can read that in, “Why Has Quarantine Made Me So Angry?”
- Dr. Scott James from the Church of Brook Hills down in Alabama did a video about what science is saying about COVID-19 ad children and babied. This information might be a little dated as its from September. The video is called, “How Does COVID-19 Affect Kids and Babies?“
- COVID-19 has impacted many high cost of living urban areas. Cities like New York City, Washington, D.C., San Francisco, Seattle and others. John Stark of Apostles Church in New York City writes about how to leave an urban area in, “2 Things to Consider Before Moving Out of the City.“
- The Gospel Coalition did a podcast in October 19, 2020 about life in the COVID-19 pandemic. What lockdowns, school disruptions and more have meant to Melissa Kruger, Jasmine Holmes, and Jackie Hill Perry. You can listen to that podcast in, “Let’s Talk: Sanity in a Pandemic.”
- Sarah Eekhoff Zylstra who writes for The Gospel Coalition explored the challenges for churches for churches as the pandemic gets worse. You can read that in, “Winter Is Coming: COVID-19 Forces Hard Choices for Churches.“
- How should Christmas be celebrated during the COVID-19 pandemic with the spiking medical crisis and life disrupted. David Mattis of City Church in Saint Paul, Minnesota explores this in, “Have a Holly COVID Christmas.“
- Sam Chan from down under writes about how to evangelize during the COVID-19 pandemic. You can read more in, “How the Pandemic Opens Doors for Evangelism.”