Fairfax Bible Church had an outside worship service this past Saturday night. While I am not certain this may be the first time they met in person, while practicing social distancing. The rules here in Virginia are more relaxed so this was done in the confines of the COVID-19 pandemic.
“The pain of parting is nothing to the joy of meeting again.”
Don’t copy the behavior and customs of this world, but let God transform you into a new person by changing the way you think. Then you will learn to know God’s will for you, which is good and pleasing and perfect.
Romans 12:2 NLT
Jeff Hoenshell of Fairfax Bible Church
Fairfax Bible Church used to be known as Harvest Bible Chapel Fairfax and is a part of the Great Commission Collective. They have been doing online services however they did have an outside meeting in Fairfax, Virginia this past Saturday night. Here in Virginia the rules about outside meeting are more relaxed that inside Washington, D.C. This brief post deals with how Fairfax Bible Church has been dealing with the COVID-19 pandemic. This blog hopes people stay safe as the pandemic continues.
We can’t wait to see YOU in-person this SATURDAY night at our outdoor worship service! Again, it’s SATURDAY…not Sunday, and there will NOT be a virtual service this weekend. We’ll be meeting @ 6pm outside to worship Christ through 3 of our Pursuits:
1. Fervent Prayer
2. Bold Preaching
3. Passionate Worship
We’ll also have hot cider and a fire after service so you can hang out and enjoy fellowship with one another. Here are a few details that will help make it a safe and enjoyable evening for everyone:
When: Saturday, October 10 from 6:00-7:00pm
9401 Little River Turnpike
Fairfax, VA 22031
Seating & Weather
- We will be outside on the front lawn of the church, so we encourage you to bring what you need to stay warm and dry.
- Please bring your own blankets and lawn chairs.
- Please respect the guidelines for social distancing and keep a minimum of 6 feet from other people.
- We strongly encourage the use of face masks when you’re in proximity to other people.
- If you are uncomfortable with being outside around a crowd, there are a limited number of parking spots next to the lawn where you could see and hear from your vehicle.
- The front door of the church building will be open so that you can use the bathrooms, but they are limited to a single individual or family in each restroom at one time.
- Please also use the hand sanitizer that will be available near the front door.
- Parents are asked to keep their children with them at all times.
- This is a great opportunity for our kids to worship and pray along with our whole church family! But if needed, we suggest that you bring kid friendly options to help occupy your children.
Make it a priority to be there so we can worship our great God together!