This post is a request for information. This blog is looking for stories about the EFCA and the COVID-19 pandemic. As the pandemic drags on and deepens this blog is looking for responses and stories to share. The stories can be both positive or negative. If they are negative the goal is not to tear down the EFCA, but to tell it to make the institution stronger.
“Data is not information, information is not knowledge, knowledge is not understanding, understanding is not wisdom.“
Therefore God exalted him to the highest place
and gave him the name that is above every name,
10 that at the name of Jesus every knee should bow,
in heaven and on earth and under the earth,
11 and every tongue acknowledge that Jesus Christ is Lord,
to the glory of God the Father.
Philippians 2:9-11 NIV
This blog has been busy writing about the COVID-19 pandemic and American evangelicalism. Its been hard to keep up with the topic but its essential that it be documented. This blog has written a number of articles about the EFCA and COVID-19. And this blog is putting out a call for information. In the past this has been helpful for being approached with information or churches to look at.
As the pandemic deepens and drags out this blog is interested in stories or situations involving the EFCA and the COVID-19 pandemic. The stories do not have to be bad or dark, but if they are then they should not be ignored either. This blog acknowledges that there are pockets of good inside the EFCA, while there are also challenges that exist. So below are some examples of the EFCA and COVID-19 than can be positive.
- How an EFCA church handled a closing well and sheltered in place during the first wave.
- How an EFCA church supported members who were infected with COVID-19.
- How an EFCA church helped out an area that stricken by the coronavirsu and assisted those in need.
- Or it could be the person who is the recipient of EFCA good will.
Now on the flip side these could be concerning situations that this blog would be willing to write about if they occur in the EFCA.
- How an EFCA church ignored a COVID-19 infection.
- How a pastor, or church staff discouraged the use of face masks and social distancing.
- Another possibility is extra funds that were raised for COVID-19 relief that were mishandled or misused.
- How in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic abuse inside an EFCA church was mishandled.
Again this blog is interested in both sides. This blog already monitors EFCA blogs, church blogs and social media. I have spent time looking at social media for the EFCA in Seattle, Houston, Dallas, Florida and Arizona. But I do not want this blog to focus on the negative aspects and believe that positive stories and situations should be written about as well. However, to be fair the negative aspects need to be reported as well. The goal is not to tear down the EFCA, but to make it healthier. That is the perspective from an outsider to evangelicalism. So if you have any stories in either situation feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org