Brick Lane Community Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania is to be avoided. It is a rogue former EFCA church that is dealing with a lot of issues. Nepotism, practicing church discipline on an alleged sexual assault victim and more. This is not a safe church to get involved in. This is a quick admin post designed to follow the Brick Lane website.
“History is a vast early warning system.”
Whoever has the Son has life; whoever does not have God’s Son does not have life.
1 John 5:12 NLT
This blog has been writing about the issues in Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania. I have been needing to do an admin post that will link many of the posts that have been written. The goal of this post is to put something together that will follow Brick Lane’s website so that people will easily find this when they google this church. This is a church that has a lot of issues including nepotism which clouds its ability to make good judgement. In December of 2014 Community Evangelical Free ex-communicated an alleged sexual assault victim who knows she could be dead – the alleged domestic abuse as that severe. What happened is that the senior pastor’s son Brock Estes allegedly raped his wife while intoxicated. He also allegedly engaged in domestic abuse to including loading a gun and pointing it at his wife at the time. When she filed for divorce Steve Estes, the senior pastor guided the church through practicing church discipline on his former daughter-in-law. You can read about all this in more detail in the following two posts. “Steve Estes and Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania: A Painful Story of Domestic Abuse, Inappropriate Church Discipline, and Failed EFCA Polity” and “Hurit’s Public Excommunication While Alleged Criminal Activity by Brock Estes is Withheld from the Congregation: Appeals for Help Fall on Deaf Ears to Steve Musser of the Eastern District and National Evangelical Free Church of America.”
In time Steve Estes church wanted to break away from the EFCA. You can read more in, “Community Evangelical Free Church Wants to Separate from the Evangelical Free Church of America.” Also important is what the EFCA wanted Steve Estes church to do to fix the situation in Elverson. “What the EFCA Wanted Steve Estes’s Community Evangelical Free Church to do to Rectify a Difficult Situation.” The Stoltzfus are deeply corrupt that their practices also are issues inside Elverson and Stoltzfus Enterprises. You can read more in, “Is Stoltzfus Enterprises Cutting Corners in Pennsylvania? Construction Issues in Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, and Summerfield.” Brick Lane voted to leave the EFCA, then rejoin, but only temporarily. “Brick Lane Community Church Changes its Name to Community Evangelical Free Church of Elverson; Votes to Rejoin the EFCA for a Month, and Plans to Separate Again from the EFCA.” Brick Lane then left the EFCA and embraced it new name. This church is not safe and to be avoided. This is a a rogue church that once was a part of the EFCA. The goal I have at this blog is to close it. This is a church to avoid and stay away from. Below you will find many of the articles that have been written about Steve Estes church over the last couple of years.
Posts Written About Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania
- “An Open Letter to Steve Estes (Senior Pastor Community Evangelical Free Church; Elverson, Pennsylvania)” is an open letter to Steve Estes.
- “For Members of Community Evangelical Free Church…Read and Weigh this Comment.” A comment from someone in the Elverson community on the behavior of Brock Estes that deserves a stand alone post.
- “An Open Letter to Matt Carter (Youth Pastor Community Evangelical Free Church).” An open letter to the pastor who presided over the ex-communication of an alleged rape victim.
- “An Open Letter to Hurit (Community Evangelical Free Church Part 1 of 2)” An open letter to an alleged sexual assault victim from Community Evangelical Free.
- “Hurit’s Heritage: A Survey of the Cree and Ojibwi/Chippawa Tribes (Part 2 of 2).” A history of Hurit’s tribal background.
- “Comprehensive Analysis of Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania.” An overview of the issues in Steve Estes church.
- “From D.A. Carson to Steve Estes the Following Question Must be Asked: Is the Evangelical Free Church of America a Safe Place for Sexual Assault Victims?” A look at the issue of sexual assault inside the EFCA.
- “Is Writing about Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania Public Shaming or “Outrage Porn?” This deals with the topic of gossip inside a toxic church.
- “Do any Members of Community Evangelical Free Church Want to Meet me on April 16 or April 17? Now is Your Chance.” Traveling to Pennsylvania as I wrote about this story.
- “My Trip to Elverson, Pennsylvania; and my Visit to Community Evangelical Free Church.” This is about when Steve Estes and the Stoltzfus fled and Al Kimball was in charge.
- “My Email to Steve Estes and the Leadership of Community Evangelical Free Church Offering to Meet.” An email to Steve Estes offering to meet.
- “What do David Powlison, Cecilia Bernhardt and Christian Counseling and Education Foundation Believe on Domestic Abuse? Why is Julie Lowe and CCEF Holding an Abuse Event at a Church that Excommunicated an Alleged Rape and Domestic Abuse Victim?” This post looks at CCEF and their role in the dark scandal that played out in Elverson.
- “An Open Letter to Al Kimball (Pastor of Pastoral Care at Community Evangelical Free Church)” This is an open letter to Al Kimball at Community Evangelical Free. The letter is self explaining.
- “Issues of Alleged Underage Drinking, and Drug Activity in Community Evangelical Free Church’s Youth Group; and how One Parent’s Son was Adversely Affected” This post looks at alcohol and drug issues inside the youth group at Community Evangelical Free in its past.
- “Questions that Members of Community Evangelical Free Church Should Ask in their Congregation Meeting.” This deals with a congregational meeting.
- “Community Evangelical Free Church Update: Should Christians Respond to David Powlison’s Fundraising Campaign in Light of how CCEF Treated an Alleged Domestic Abuse Victim? Plus a Congregation Meeting and Brock Estes Proudly Displays his Gun Collection on Facebook.” David Powlison of CCEF has a fundraising campaign. Plus Brock Estes shows off his gun collection and boasts of it. Remember Brock is the one who allegedly pointed a gun at his wife.
- “An Insider’s View of Elverson’s Community Evangelical Free Congregation Meeting and Leadership.” A report of the congregational meeting by an inside source.
- “A Closer Look at Mike Culbert, Dr. Schrier, Dr. Kenney and the Community Evangelical Free Church Elder Board; Plus do Sexual Assault Allegations Qualify Brock Estes for Elder?” A look at the elder board and Brock is also up for elder. Does a man who allegedly raped his wife and engaged in domestic abuse meet the classifications of elder?
- “Community Evangelical Free Church Update: Brock Estes is Removed from the Elders List.” Brock is no longer an elder candidate.
- “From Elverson, Pennsylvania to Memphis, Tennessee why the Media Needs to Learn how to Cover Religious Stories.” This looks at the need for the local media to cover religion.
- “Guest Post: A Local Perspective on the Situation at Steve Estes’ Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania.” A local perspective on Community Evangelical Free.
- “Is Steve Estes and Community Free Elders Holding a Repentance Service in the November 14th Business Meeting?” Rumors existed that Community Evangelical Free was going to hold a repentance service. Is there any truth to that?
- “Questions that Members of Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania Should Ask at the Q&A on December 4, 2016 (Part 1)” These next three posts deal with a Q&A at Community Evangelical Free.
- “Additional Questions that Members of Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania Should Ask at the Q&A on December 4, 2016 (Part 2).”
- “The Final Set of Questions that Members of Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania Should Ask at the Q&A on December 4, 2016 (Part 3)“
- “Remembering a Dark Anniversary in Elverson, Pennsylvania.” Marking the anniversary of a church that ex-communicated an alleged sexual assault victim.
- “An Open Letter to Eddie Cole (Eastern District Superintendent of the EFCA)” This is an open letter to the EFCA District Superintendent Eddie Cole who was working with others to try and resolve the situation.
- “Publishing a Personal Email I Sent to Steve Estes Asking Him to Take the Right Action in Community Evangelical Free Church Situation.” This is a personal request I emailed Steve Estes requesting that he do the right thing.
- “Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson Discussion: Why are People Still Attending Steve Estes’ Church? Plus Results of the June 12 Business Meeting.” After all the issues there why are people still attending?
- “Why did John Barber Leave Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania?” This post deals with John Barber, the infamous gatekeeper for Steve Estes.
- “Before there was Harvey Weinstein, Al Franken, Roy Moore, Kevin Spacey, Charlie Rose, Matt Laurer and Others there was Brock Estes and Elverson. Was this Small Pennsylvania Town Ahead of the National Issue When it Comes to Sexual Misconduct?” This blog was ahead of the #MeToo movement, especially in writing about issues inside the church or EFCA.
- “Why the EFCA Should Plant a Church in Morgantown, Pennsylvania and Issue a Public Statement on Steve Estes Community Evangelical Free Church Situation in Elverson.” This post deals with some advice for the EFCA in the wake of the scandal.
- “A Sample Statement for Greg Strand and Eddie Cole on Steve Estes Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania.” This is some more advice on how the national EFCA needs to rebuke the former Community Evangelical Free Church.
- “Brick Lane Community Church Joins The Gospel Coalition, and Challenging a Misleading Statement from Steve Estes Church.” This is about Brick Lane Community Church joining The Gospel Coalition.
- “Why Brick Lane Community Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania Will be Far More Dangerous than Community Evangelical Free Church.” If church discipline happens now inside Brick Lane, no one can intervene. This church is to be avoided.
- “Is Nepotism a Major Issue Inside the EFCA? From the Spenst’s of Trinity Evangelical View in Plainview to New Life in Hastings, Minnesota. Plus Remembering the Nepotism Issue at the Former Community Evangelical Free in Elverson, Pennsylvania.” This looks at the nepotism inside the former EFCA church in Elverson.