This is a brief post where I compile all the talks from the most recent EFCA theology conference which took place in Garden Ridge, Texas from January 31, 2018 to February 2, 2018.
“Remember, remember always, that all of us, you and I especially, are descended from immigrants and revolutionists.”
“I received a letter just before I left office from a man. I don’t know why he chose to write it, but I’m glad he did. He wrote that you can go to live in France, but you can’t become a Frenchman. You can go to live in Germany or Italy, but you can’t become a German, an Italian. He went through Turkey, Greece, Japan and other countries. But he said anyone, from any corner of the world, can come to live in the United States and become an American.”
“Nearly all Americans have ancestors who braved the oceans – liberty-loving risk takers in search of an ideal – the largest voluntary migrations in recorded history… Immigration is not just a link to America’s past; it’s also a bridge to America’s future.”
George W. Bush
You must have the same attitude that Christ Jesus had. Though he was God, he did not think of equality with God as something to cling to. Instead, he gave up his divine privileges; he took the humble position of a slave and was born as a human being. When he appeared in human form, he humbled himself in obedience to God and died a criminal’s death on a cross.
Philippians 2:5-8 NLT
Where Heather Heyer died in Charlottesville, Virginia
The resources for the EFCA’s theology conference called, “The Gospel, Compassion and Justice” are now posted. This conference dealt with racism, racial reconciliation, and immigrantion. I think situations like the DACA debate and Charlottesville were what led to the conference. The following posts deal with the theological conference, “EFCA’s Upcoming Theological Conference: The Gospel, Compassion and Justice. A Review of the Speakers and Some Personal Thoughts” and “EFCA’s Bob Rowley Likes a Deeply Controversial Tweet from President Trump on Twitter. In Light of the Upcoming EFCA Theology Conference Does the EFCA District Superintendent of the Texas and Oklahoma District Comprehend Racism?” Below are a compilation of all the talks from the theology conference.
- “Episode 151: Greg Strand Introduces the 2018 Theology Conference.“
- “Episode 152: Jarvis Williams on The Cross and Racial Reconciliation.”
- “Episode 153: Doug Sweeney on American Evangelicals and Racial and Ethnic Partiality.”
- “Episode 154: Dr. John Perkins on Miles Walked and a Lived History.“
- “Episode 155: Dr. Carl Ellis Jr. on The Gospel, Martin Luther King Jr. Contextual Theology and Evangelicalism.”
- “Episode 156: Dr. Daniel Carroll R. (Rodas) on Immigration and the People of God: A Biblical Foundation.”
- “Episode 157: Dr. Peter Cha on A Holistic Ministry of Compassion and Justice.”
- “Episode 158: Dr. John Perkins on Love and the Struggle We Must Win.”