The Wondering Eagle will be posting questions for members of Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania. There is a Q&A that will take place on Sunday December 4, 2016. A transparent church under the leadership of Merle Stoltzfus, David Stoltzfus and Steve Estes need to be able to provide answers for the questions being asked in this post.
“Transparency is not about restoring trust in institutions, transparency is the politics of managing mistrust.”
It is not good to be partial to the wicked and so deprive the innocent of justice. The lips of fools bring them strife, and their mouths invite a beating. The mouths of fools are their undoing, and their lips are a snare to their very lips.
Proverbs 18: 5-7 NIV
CEFC Under Construction
Several sources have notified this blog The Wondering Eagle of details that were discussed in the “members only” November 14, 2016 business meeting at Community Evangelical Free Church (CEFC) in Elverson, Pennsylvania. Members were informed that they will hold a Q&A for members only this coming Sunday evening December 4, 2016. Members were to submit their questions and concerns regarding the December 14, 2014 excommunication of Hurit Estes ahead of time, which seems a bit shady to me. Why can’t members stand up and ask any question they want? This situation continues to reveal the lack of recusal from Steve Estes and his family members on the elder board. Steve Estes and the leadership is still trying to control and manipulate the narrative. The cover up of alleged crimes committed by Steve Estes’s son Brock Estes continues to haunt this congregation.
Members of CEFC and members of the community should be encouraged to ask the hard questions to the CEFC elders. The Wondering Eagle will post many questions to review the horrid details of this story over the next few nights. If people in the community or members of CEFC need truthful answers, you can find them here. You are not going to find truth from the leadership of CEFC. All of the following questions have been answered on this blog in various posts. CEFC members are encouraged to ask some of the following questions at the upcoming Q&A.
Hard Questions that CEFC Needs to Answer
- In October of 2013, a month after Hurit left, why did Steve Estes form a secret committee of women to help Hurit, but did not inform the elder board about his son’s marriage separation?
- Why was this committee formed without Hurit and her parents?
- Why was Hurit so devastated when she found out that her husband was having secret meetings with a group of women in the church to discuss their marriage problems?
- Did this cause her to lose trust with her husband and father-in-law, Steve Estes?
- Why did Steve Estes wait until January of 2014 to inform his elders?
- Once the elders were informed, why was Brock’s uncle, Dave Stoltzfus, allowed to continue as his shepherding elder until the excommunication?
- Why didn’t Steve Estes, and his brother-in-laws, Merle Stoltzfus and Dave Stoltzfus all recuse themselves from the beginning of the process? Why were they present in all the elder meetings and the trial?
- Why when concern was raised about the alleged involvement of a gun and the importance of getting the authorities involved were these concerns dismissed?
- Why did a police friend, Ryan Smith, allegedly remove the guns from Brock’s home?
- Why did Steve Estes want Hurit to come back to a marriage quietly when he knew of the alleged gun and alleged drunken rape?
- Why did neither the pastor, elders or other lay men and women not call the authorities right away when they were made aware that allegedly a loaded gun was pointed at someone?
- Did they break the law by knowing this information and not only “not” reporting it, but actually concealing it for almost a year until she made others aware by sending her letter to the congregation?
There will be more questions tomorrow night for members of Community Evangelical Free Church to ponder. These questions are to get people to think, and when the Q&A occurs four days from now, members should ask these questions. If the leadership of CEFC is going to be transparent than Merle Stoltzfus, Dave Stoltzfus and Steve Estes should be able to answer those questions. My parting thoughts are this…we need to remember that a female was almost allegedly killed. Hurit knows she could be dead due to allegations of domestic abuse. These are hard questions that need honest answers. It is still my belief that this is one of the most pressing issues in the Evangelical Free Church of America. Will a pastor be allowed to practice church discipline on an alleged rape victim who knows she could be dead? Take care guys and know that I love you!