These are a list of questions that I had in another post that I wanted to make as a stand alone post. I am hoping people in the know with the knowledge will step forward and help these get answered. Also this is a call for information for any former members or people who can speak to Richard Rieves Downtown Church and Sandy Willson’s Memphis Second Presbyterian Church. Please email me if you have knowledge about both churches.
“The art and science of asking questions is the source of all knowledge.”
“We get wise by asking questions, and even if these are not answered we get wise, for a well-packed question carries its answer on its back in the same way a snail carries its shell.”
Keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you.
Matthew 7:7 NLT
I had these questions listed in a previous post called “An Email Exchange with Bryan Loritts in March of 2013 Helps Shine Light on the Alleged Cover Up of Rick Trotter’s Voyeurism in Fellowship Memphis.” These questions are very important and get to the heart of the matter. In doing such analysis the key is not to have all the information but to know which questions to ask.
- Did John Bryson and Bryan Loritts allegedly destroy evidence of alleged child pornography, either directly or by order?
- Was Rick Trotter allegedly videotaping kids in situations of baby sitting, sports activities or other situations?
- What role did Rick’s wife Heather play? Did she know about Rick’s alleged sexual problems and did she enable them? Did she ever discover footage and not go to the police when she should have?
- Did Bryan Loritts or John Bryson use Fellowship Memberships’ church covenant to help keep the women who were allegedly filmed in the restroom silent?
- Did Bryan Loritts or John Bryson allegedly threaten to use church discipline on the women who were allegedly videotaped?
- Did John Bryson or Bryan Loritts allegedly threaten members with church discipline?
- Were there other alleged sexual predators, or sexual offenders on staff or working at Fellowship Memphis or Downtown Church?
- Did Rick Trotter have other people who enabled his activities? Given what I am hearing on the behavior I keep asking myself did other people on staff or ministry choose to ignore the red flags and deep concerns?
- John Bryson was on the Board of Acts 29 along with people like Darrin Patrick. Did the Board of Acts 29 or Matt Chandler know about these allegations of criminal activity being covered up?
- What revenue streams or income is coming in that validates these ministries? I learned in the story of Community Evangelical Free Church in Elverson, Pennsylvania that churches can have a key player or family that has deep roots that can hold sway over the congregation. Who is that for Fellowship Memphis and Downtown Presbyterian?
- Where did Rick Trotter go for counseling? Who was his counselor? What was his 90 day program? Was it something that was highly questionable like David Powlison’s Christian Counseling & Education Foundation?
- What was Rick Trotter’s accountability at Downtown Church? Was it people asking questions or a filter? What was it?
- Were there underage females allegedly recorded at Downtown Church? What are the bathrooms like at Downtown Church? Are they co-ed? Are they used by both adults and minors? Can someone speak to the restrooms at Downtown Church?
- What are the connections between Richard Rieves and John Bryson and Bryan Loritts?
- What role did Crawford Loritts allegedly play in all this? Did Crawford enable his son-in-law?
- Are there alleged connections between Memphis Police and Fellowship Memphis or Downtown Church which can affect or influence an objective investigation?
- If the total number of alleged victims at Fellowship Memphis is 100 what is the grand total of alleged victims at the Downtown Church after 3 years? 1,000 or 1,500?
- What role did the Elder Board play in both situations and governance? Is this a plurality of elders situation as well?
- Did anyone from either church allegedly try and interfere or prevent the Memphis Commercial Appeal from running their articles on Rick Trotter?
Did Sandy Willson of Memphis Second Presbyterian Church allegedly know about Rick Trotter and do nothing?
Did Sandy Willson allegedly violate Tennessee’s mandatory reporting laws in not reporting the situation with Rick Trotter to law enforcement?
Was Sandy Willson or any other authorities at Memphis Second Presbyterian Church allegedly ever involved in a child sex abuse cover up or in covering up an incident with a sex offender?
- Going back to Fellowship Memphis what role did Ben Parkinson allegedly play in all this? Or did he?
- Since both Downtown Church (formerly Downtown Presbyterian Church) and Memphis Second Presbyterian Church are part of the Evangelical Presbyterian denomination did the regional leadership allegedly know about the situation with Rick Trotter and choose to do nothing? For example in EFCA West Steve Highfill leads the district just as Eddie Cole leads the Eastern District. Who oversees this part of the Evangelical Presbyterian Church that Richard Rieves or Sandy Willson reach out to?
- How did Bryan Loritts and John Bryson allegedly handle the money for Fellowship Memphis? Was money ever used in ways it should not have been? Did Bryan Loritts allegedly steer money to different sources and can it be accounted for?
I Need Sources for Richard Rieves Downtown Church, and Sandy Willson’s Memphis Second Presbyterian Church
Here is the deal I have several sources already that are helping me however I need a couple of former members or people in the know about Richard Rieves Downtown Church or Sandy Willson’s Memphis Second Presbyterian Church. Its important to get the information out that will help people and help the community get healthy. In order to clean the infection in Memphis you need to open the wound and drain the corruption. This is very important and needed to help make Memphis, Tennessee a safer and better place. So if you have information or past experience on either Richard Rieves or Sandy Willson’s church please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org. Thanks guys and know that I love you!