This is a quick post putting out a request for people to share information and ask if there are more people willing to tell their story about Community Evangelical Free Church. They can do so anonymously. I am reaching out to current and former members.
“There is no greater agony than bearing an untold story inside you.”
“People have forgotten how to tell a story. Stories don’t have a middle or an end any more. They usually have a beginning that never stops beginning.”
Send out your light and your truth; let them guide me. Let them lead me to your holy mountain, to the place where you live.
Psalm 43:3 NLT
Tonight I am putting out a request for information. I have spoken with several people over the last few days and I am hearing bits and pieces of other stories at Community Evangelical Free Church. It is my belief that the story of Hurit is not the only one of inappropriate discipline and control. In situations like these you scratch beneath the surface and more information comes out. For example, its for that very reason why I do not believe all the corruption is out of Sovereign Grace Churches. There is more waiting to come out which will come to the surface in time. I ma using that as an example. In this situation I am asking if any current or former members of Community Evangelical Free Church wants to tell their story. If you would like you can do it anonymously. Your story has merit and it has value. Plus there is a lot of reasons why these stories need to be revealed. It would help put Hurit’s story of inappropriate church discipline in perspective. It would reveal the patterns of abuse at Community, Steve Estes and the Elder Board.
These are the stories I am looking to report.
- I am looking to tell more stories about inappropriate church discipline at Community Evangelical Free Church. I would like to write about in-appropriate church discipline. The person could have walked away during the process angry or frustrated.
- Were there problems in the Youth Group, or other programs at CEFC? Did allegations of illegalities that occur?
- I am looking for stories dealing with the Elder Board where people had issues. For example some approached two Elders and the information wasn’t shared with the entire Elder Board. I keep hearing that repeatedly.
- I am looking for any issues around Stoltzfous Enterprises. My first post revealed a lot of issues probably just under the surface because of nepotism.
- I am looking for stories about experiences or problems on mission trips. Were you on a CEFC mission trip somewhere and something happened that stunned you and it was covered up.
- Have there been an incidents of child sex abuse or has the law not been followed in regards to sexual offenders.
- I am looking for people who want to tell of their experience or problems with John Barber. His name keeps popping up and I see him as Steve Estes hatchet man.
- I am looking for issues and problems related to the building campaign and Community’s finances.
This blog doesn’t exist for me, in reality it belongs to you. I want to give those caught in this difficult situation a chance to tell your story and give you a voice. I want to empower you and in the process we can all help Hurit together. This is your community, your family and friends. Lets take this injustice and turn it around. To clean out an infection a medical provider often has to re-open the wound to do a deep cleaning. Let’s clean all the corruption out of Community Evangelical Free Church. If you decide to tell your story I will walk with you. I will pray, lend an ear and be available to you.
My email is firstname.lastname@example.org
Let’s talk…I am here to listen and I will help you. Again I love you guys!