Some thoughts on Jon Bloom’s article at Desiring God on Reformation Day. My response in saying that Jon is writing about the corruption in himself, Sovereign Grace, and Neo-Calvinism. We need a new Reformation and I write my 95 reasons why. Eagle also has a challenge…I challenge someone to nail (or tape) these 95 reasons to the door of Capital Hill Baptist Church or Sovereign Grace Louisville when either Mark Dever or CJ Mahaney is preaching. Their theological tyranny is coming to an end.
“I hold it that a little rebellion now and then is a good thing, and as necessary in the political world as storms in the physical.“
“When dictatorship is a fact, revolution becomes a right.”
“The framers of the Constitution knew that free speech is the friend of change and revolution. But they also knew that it is always the deadliest enemy of tyranny.”
“If I can’t dance. I don’t want to be part of your revolution.”
If my people, who are called by my name, will humble themselves and pray and seek my face and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and I will forgive their sin and will heal their land.
2 Chronicles 7:14 NIV
I read this the other day and it is on my pile of things to analyze and write about. I choked on my water when I read it, and knew that it needed a response. When oh when will the Eagle rest his wings? For those of you who don’t know Jon Bloom is a graduate of Bethel College and is a pastor of worship and song at Sovereign Grace Church Bloomington under Rick Gamache. He is also the co-founder of Desiring God. There is much I need to say about this article about the Reformation and I will then make my claim that Neo-Calvinism has set Protestantism backwards, and unveiled the same degree of corruption that instigated the Reformation. My claim in the end is that we will need a new Reformation, and attached at the bottom you will have my 95 reasons why. For the first person in the Washington, D.C. area who hammers (or tapes) my 95 reasons why we need a new Reformation to the door of Capital Hill Baptist while Mark Dever is preaching, Eagle will buy that person a drink and dinner. I would appreciate a picture which can be emailed to me. I also am hoping someone can nail or tape this to the door of Sovereign Grace Louisville. For the purpose of this article I lifted Jon Bloom’s article off Desiring God. My comments are going to be in red for the rest of the article. Then my 95 reasons why we need a new reformation will subsequently follow. As always I welcome differing points of view and comment.
Sometime around A.D. 95, Jesus, through the apostle John, came metaphorically knocking on the door of the church in Laodicea with an unsurpassed invitation:
“Behold, I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in to him and eat with him, and he with me.” (Revelation 3:20)
Pulled out of its context, this verse can sound like Jesus was calling softly and tenderly. Paintings inspired by this verse tend to portray a gentle Jesus mildly knocking. In reality, he was anything but soft and tender, gentle and mild. This invitation came on the heels of a bracing rebuke and serious warning. Jesus was pounding on the Laodicean’s door with the urgency of emergency:
“I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth. For you say, I am rich, I have prospered, and I need nothing, not realizing that you are wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked. I counsel you to buy from me gold refined by fire, so that you may be rich, and white garments so that you may clothe yourself and the shame of your nakedness may not be seen, and salve to anoint your eyes, so that you may see. Those whom I love, I reprove and discipline, so be zealous and repent.” (Revelation 3:15–19)
Time to start the analysis of this article…actually Jon I have to disagree with you on your point about Jesus being anything but soft and tender, gentle and mild. The truth is he was complex. He wept and cried over Lazarus’ death, and he got angry and turned over tables in the temple. He had disdain for Pharisees, and as such he would have contempt for Sovereign Grace and much of Neo-Calvinism. Jesus was a complex individual who called to the children, and pointed out the problems in Pharisees. This manly man view of Jesus driving a 4 by 4, smoking a cigar and getting the latest tattoo is a bastardization of scripture. He was gentle and mild to the woman caught in adultery in how he dealt with her. He didn’t shower her with shame, he was lovingly kind given her situation, albeit he was still challenging all at the same time. But Jesus is not as simple as you make him out to be.
Jesus was pounding on the door of a church whose trust in an idol put them in grave spiritual danger. Their prosperous tepidness made him want to gag. But because he loved these lukewarm Christians, he lovingly disciplined them with hard words and called them to zealous repentance and reformation.
Today Jesus is pounding at the door of Sovereign Grace Bloomington and SGC and the rest of Neo-Calvinism. He warns against the idol of church discipline, and idols such as CJ Mahaney, church covenants, and much more. The hardest words Jesus will have Jon is for SGC pastors and other Neo-Calvinist leaders. Its because of the corruption that Sovereign Grace stands for that I think Jesus would call for a new reformation since SGC embodies nothing but decadence and corruption. There’s more I will say about this below.
When Jesus Came Knocking in Wittenberg
On October 31, 1517, Jesus, through a little-known German priest/professor named Martin Luther, came quite literally knocking on the Wittenberg door of the Roman Catholic Church.
Unrestrained corruption of power and wealth was a sin-cancer that had metastasized in the Roman Catholic Church and spread to many of her leaders and, through them, into her doctrines and practices. This cancer was killing the church. She too had grown very prosperous and yet did not realize how wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked she had become. She had not listened sufficiently to Jesus’s authoritative voice in the Scriptures, or to the prophetic voices of warning that he had repeatedly sent to her. The Lord was at the end of his patience.
But because he loved his sin-diseased church whose idolatry put her in grave spiritual danger, he sent an unlikely messenger from an unlikely town — so very like the Lord — with a hard word of loving discipline. Professor Luther walked up to the door of the Castle Church in Wittenberg with a hammer, a few nails, and a parchment listing 95 stinging indictments against the Roman Catholic Church. Unlike what the Laodiceans received, Luther’s theses were not inerrant Scripture. In fact, later Luther knew a number of them did not go far enough. But still, they were a largely biblical call to zealous repentance, as the first thesis so clearly captures:
When our Lord and Master Jesus Christ said, ‘Repent’ (Matthew 4:17), he willed the entire life of believers to be one of repentance.
In the pounding of Martin’s hammer, Jesus came knocking. And his knocking set off a chain-reaction that exploded into the Protestant Reformation, a gospel detonation that is still shaking the world nearly 500 years later.
I choked on my water when I read this Jon. To watch someone from Sovereign Grace write this and then be blind to the own problems in SGC is mind numbing. Someone needs to back off the Kool Aid. That said, let me tweak a couple of words that you wrote Jon to drive home my point.
Unrestrained corruption of power and wealth was a sin-cancer that had metastasized in the Sovereign Grace denomination and Neo-Calvinism and spread to many of her leaders and, through them, into her doctrines and practices. This cancer was killing the church. She too had grown very prosperous and yet did not realize how wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked she had become. She had not listened sufficiently to Jesus’s authoritative voice in the Scriptures, or to the prophetic voices of warning that he had repeatedly sent to her. The Lord was at the end of his patience.
But because he loved his sin-diseased church whose idolatry put her in grave spiritual danger, he sent an unlikely messenger from an unlikely town — so very like the Lord — with a hard word of loving discipline. Dee Parsons, and/or Deb Martin (I ask this because of their vocal and public pushback is amazing. As I write and blog…I have no problem being discipled by a female.) walked up to the door of the on the internet with a keyboard, and blog and post after post of stinging indictments against Sovereign Grace and Neo-Calvinism. Unlike what the Laodiceans received, Dee’s posts were not inerrant Scripture. In fact, later Dee knew a number of them did not go far enough. But still, they were a largely biblical call to zealous repentance, as the first thesis so clearly captures
Here’s the problem Jon…much of Neo-Calvinism is corrupt. Its’ corruption is deep, established and a blemish to the faith and the Lord. I have come to the conclusion in watching Neo-Calvinism that much of it is an abomination to the Lord. Why…? Much of it is nothing but Pharisees, decadence and scandal after scandal involving allegations of child sex abuse, plagiarism, nepotism, profiting from the pulpit, awash in money among so many other things. Martin Luther wrote about selling indulgencies. Today you have men like CJ Mahaney, Kevin DeYoung, Mark Dever and countless others prostituting out their pulpits and profiting from it. While all this goes on we go from scandal to scandal without any one saying, “I was wrong.” Or, “Let me take care of this and repent.” Consider the role John Piper has played in propping up Mark Driscoll. Has John Piper ever owned up that mess or fully repented of his responsibility in the entire situation? Read this article….does this show John Piper being repentant? CJ Mahaney is scheduled to speak at T4G, and he’s still being dogged by allegations of covering up child sex abuse in SGM. This came out in testimony under oath in a Maryland court room that his brother in law knew. So why is he teaching at T4G? He doesn’t even meet the qualifications for Elder. There are families and people directly hurt by his “leadership.” A man is not a man because he has a penis. Forgive me for saying this, but I feel compelled to state this fact. I , or you, for that matter can go to the Horn of Africa and see tigers, and other animals that have reproductive organs. What makes a man a man is the ability to own mistakes and be a positive force, and care for those in their midst. Many of the leaders in Neo-Calvinism are ethically and morally bankrupt. They know nothing about issues such as conflict of interest. There is too much vested issues and ethical conflicts because of marketing, book publishing deals, speaking engagements, honoriums, etc.. Here’s a place to start, it’s an article written by Michael Josephson who writes a lot about business and government ethics. When ministry becomes a business, and a personal means to enrich oneself and their family that contributes to the problem significantly.
But let’s be honest…much of Neo-Calvinism is a disease, a cancer on the church. CJ Mahaney is a malignant tumor that needs to be delicately carved out of the church by a skilled surgeon with a scalpel. In the wake of Mark Driscoll Seattle needs a skilled oncologist that can perform radiation treatment on the Christian community in Seattle and the Acts 29 network and kill off the maligned cancer cells known as Mark Driscoll. The church is sick and diseased and this needs to be done for the health of the organization. Neo-Calvinism is nothing but the equivalent of cancer. By refusing to treat this cancer of corruption all that is happening is that the corruption is spreading and ensnaring others and other churches. I’ve had a window seat to some of this and that’s why I write posts like today’s post. It’s overdue and it’s time. We need to have a reformation that will deal with this corruption.
A Reformation Detonation
As a result of October 31, 1517, hundreds of millions of Christians all over the world have submitted to God’s word as their highest authority (Sola Scriptura) and his teaching that salvation is a gift given by God’s grace alone (Sola Gratia) through the instrument of faith alone (Sola Fide) in the death and resurrection of their one savior and mediator, Jesus Christ (Sola Christus), so that all glory would always redound to the Triune God alone (Sola Deo Gloria).
Wherever the church opened the door to Jesus, repentance and reformation was like chemotherapy to the cancer of spiritual corruption and recovered belief in the gospel of Christ spread spiritual health through much of Europe, then on to the New World, Asia, and Africa. It spawned massive evangelism, church planting, Bible translation, and frontier missions efforts. And in its wake it brought about all manner of social good: stronger families, honest commerce, economic empowerment for the poor, hospitals and clinics for the sick, education for the masses, encouragement for the scientific enterprise, democratic forms of civic government, and on and on.
When we really comprehend the massive floodgate of mercy that was opened to us because Jesus came knocking in Wittenberg, Reformation Day (October 31st) becomes a thanksgiving day — a day for feasting or perhaps for fasting and prayer for another reformation detonation in our lives and churches and nations.
Let me spend some time reflecting on this Jon. I read your emphasis on sola scriptura, solo gratia, sola fide, sola Christus, and Sola Deo Gloria. Let me ask this question…does the current corruption in Sovereign Grace honor those principles? When you have money changers in charge, no accountability, and a corruption reminiscent of what launched the reformation in the first place in the 1500’s is sola scriptura, sola gratia, solo fide, sola Christus and Solo Deo Gloria honored? No…of course not. What has taken place Jon is that in the days of the church one of the issues was the selling of indulgencies. Like I said above, today its not indulgencies…instead its the selling of the pulpit, books, commerce and events like T4G, and other conferences and events. Its not about the Gospel, these days its about money. The reason and basis for having a conference from time to time has been lost. Its purpose has been corrupted. By the way can I ask this question out loud? Since you are from Sovereign Grace originally Jon, has corruption been transferred to Desiring God? I am just asking an open question.
Is Jesus Knocking on Your Door?
In fact, given the prosperity that most of us in the West are experiencing and the arid spiritual climate most of us live in, it may be that the best way we can observe Reformation Day is to do some serious, prayerful soul-searching. Have we allowed a Laodicean type of acedia to settle in? We know that significant portions of the Western church are diseased with various heresies. Do they provoke us to earnest prayer?
And we should ask ourselves, is Jesus knocking — or pounding — on our door? Are we hearing him? Are we ignoring or even resisting him? Are we tolerating and justifying any idols? One clear symptom of idolatry is spiritual lukewarmness. Tepidness typically does not feel like a grave danger. It can feel like a tolerable and even nearly pleasant malaise. But it is deadly. In this state we do not realize how wretched, pitiable, poor, blind, and naked we are.
And because Jesus loves sinful people like us, when we fall into such a state he comes knocking — hard. We often do not recognize it as him at first because he can come in the form of a messenger, sometimes an unlikely one. And the pounding of their hard words can make us defensive and mad.
But let us listen carefully and drop our guard. The hard words are painful, especially to our pride. But Jesus (or his imperfect messenger) is not being mean or condemning us. It is the loving discipline of our Savior to warn us. Lukewarmness means spiritual life-threatening idolatry. The cure is for us to “be zealous and repent” (Revelation 3:19).
If Jesus is knocking on our door, let us welcome him in fully that we may eat with him and he with us (Revelation 3:20). Accepting his unsurpassed invitation to joy through repentance and reformation may be the greatest way to celebrate Reformation Day.
Jon Bloom your commentary above is spot on! Yes we know that significant portions of the church in the west are diseased with various heresies. You see that disease in organizations like Sovereign Grace, parts of Acts 29, 9 Marks, Capital Hill Baptist Church, and much more. Its diseased with corruption, covering up child sex abuse, nepotism, cronyism, and driven by money. There are indeed many heresies out there and parts of evangelicalism is struggling, I see that, however Neo-Calvinism has only adversely affected it. Is Jesus pounding at your door Jon? Here’s another thing that troubles me Jon, your corruption in Sovereign Grace is so deep, and pervasive that you can’t even see it. Its staring you in the face and you can’t see it at all.
We need a new reformation in the church. As a guy who sits in the pews and has watched this stuff affect and harm people I sat down and composed my 95 reasons why we need a new reformation. My hope is that when Mark Dever or CJ Mahaney is preaching and half way through the expository sermon they are interrupted by someone hammering this list of 95 reasons to the door (or taping it, I am not trying to encourage vandalism). When that happens may people like CJ Mahaney and Mark Dever know that their theological days are numbered. In the spirit of the reformation lets pay tribute to Martin Luther and Jesus. Indeed it would be a pleasant surprise to go through the drive through at McDonalds and see CJ Mahaney pop his head out and ask, “do you want fries with that?”
Eagle will buy someone dinner in the D.C. area if they hammer or tape these 95 reasons to the door of Capital Hill Baptist. If someone does this at Sovereign Grace Louisville I would appreciate a picture. For those of you who are leaving a Neo-Calvinist church I high recommend you turn this in with your letter of resignation. If this pops up anywhere please send me a picture. I would be delighted to see it. Thanks guys and as always I love you!
95 Reasons Why we Need a New Reformation
- For this bastardized statement by D.A. Carson, Justin Taylor and Kevin DeYoung where they attack a Sovereign Grace rape victim while defending CJ Mahaney. What a disgrace.
- Kevin DeYoung.
- Jonathan Leeman.
- 9 Marks.
- For Mark Dever being exempt from church discipline when he let CJ Mahaney in all of his manliness flee Covenant Life Church and hide behind his skirt at Capitol Hill Baptist Churhch. Eagle still wants to know…will Mark Dever ever face church discipline for violating 9 Marks? Or does church discipline apply only to the pew peons and not the leadership?
- Dave Harvey’s atrocious leadership while his family’s life is a wreck. For the people Dave Harvey hurt and disciplined while he couldn’t control his own son from what I read at SGM Survivors. This is the sixth reason why we need a new Reformation.
- For how Sovereign Grace Fairfax treated Noel and Grizzly as well as Happymom and Wallace.
- For CJ Mahaney bragging of how he demanded sex from Carolyn Mahaney after she vomited from morning sickness.
- Mark Prater. BTW…is it me or do pictures of Mark Prater show the Kool-Aid glazed look?
- D.A. Carson giving Mark Driscoll a pass on his plagiarism because Driscoll is a Neo-Calvinist. Eagle would like to know if D.A. Carson has been involved in discipline of any students at Trinity for plagiarism? If Driscoll gets a pass, while some student is sent packing..then we have a problem.
- Mark Mullery.
- CJ Mahaney’s alleged blackmail of Larry Tomczak.
- Justin Taylor.
- As Dee Parsons and Deb Martin have documented at The Wartburg Watch, Al Mohler taking money from CJ Mahaney while families in SGM were eating oatmeal for dinner.
- Eagle wants to ask this question…since CJ Mahaney gave money to Al Mohler, and since it is written that Wayne Grudem also allegedly received money from CJ Mahaney; did Mark Dever ever receive money from CJ Mahaney? It’s just a question but if it happened that is yet one more reason for a new Reformation. I am wondering if the Senior Pastor at Capitol Hill Baptist Church can be purchased? Is that possible? I’m just thinking out loud.
- Jonathan Leeman.
- David Horner’s tyrannical reign and corruption at Providence Baptist in Raleigh, North Carolina; Dee Parsons’ home church. Also David Horner’s inability to apologize to Bill and Dee Parsons for how they were treated.
- Mark Driscoll.
- How Mark Driscoll treated Bent Meyer and Paul Petry in that infamous trial in 2007 at Mars Hill Seattle.
- Mark Driscoll’s sermon on the “Biblical basis for oral sex.”
- Mark Driscoll’s 7 or so books that are plagiarized.
- Mark Driscoll’s “pussified nation” and his lewd talk of women.
- Ray Outland exonerating CJ Mahaney.
- The Gospel Coalition which is a spiritual version of Tammany Hall in all its corruption.
- Josh Harris and his “courtship books,” how many destroyed lives does he leave in his wake? It’s also my understanding that he never followed his own teaching in regards to how he got married.
- Owen Strachan.
- Thom Reiner.
- Matt Chandler.
- The cases of spiritual abuse at The Village Church which have yet to be rectified from what I am hearing.
- “Ministries” which give rise to blogs like SGM Survivors, Spiritual Sounding Board, Wartburg Watch, Thou Art the Man, and others. If your ministry is leaving destroyed lives in its wake…then something is seriously wrong.
- Harvest Bible Chapel.
- The mansion that James MacDonald purchased from the previous United States Senator of Illinois Peter Fitzgerald.
- CJ Mahaney publishing “Humility” while he allegedly practiced blackmail.
- Wayne Grudem.
- The ESV has an agenda to it, and is the cornerstone for some of this corruption. Given the issues with the ESV, can one put it in the same league as the Book of Mormon?
- Questionable church discipline that is being practiced that is causing great harm.
- Church covenants that are modern forms of slavery. Jonathan Leeman and Mark Dever are leading the Neo-Cal part of the SBC back to its roots in slavery. How appropriate.
- CJ Mahaney preaching again when he is being dogged by allegations that he allegedly covered up child sex abuse in Sovereign Grace. Mahaney is no longer above reproach. Does scripture matter to these individuals?
- John Folmar of United Christian Church Dubai and his treatment of Todd Wilhelm.
- Thabiti Anyawbile and his comments on Bill Cosby and rape knowing that he will support and mount the podium next to a man who allegedly orchestrated a cover up of child sex abuse in Sovereign Grace, none other than CJ Mahaney.
- John Piper.
- John Piper’s horrific teaching on women submitting to their domestic abuser.
- John Piper’s poem on John Calvin…can I just come out and say it? It’s not that great.
- Parts of Acts 29.
- The inability of most of the men on this list to be able to repent and say, “I’m sorry…I screwed up…I was wrong.”
- Gene Emerson of SGM Kingsway.
- Jonathan Leeman.
- Karen Hinkley and the way The Village Church treated her when she got an annulment from her husband who was sexually attracted to children, and addicted to child pornography.
- The Reformed Industrial Complex which shows how many celebrity pastors are slaves to money.
- That bastardized statement at T4G by Al Mohler, Ligion Duncan, and Mark Dever in support of CJ Mahaney.
- The destruction of Countryside Church in Michigan City, Indiana by Kevin Galloway as told on The Wartburg Watch.
- Council of Biblical Manhood and Womanhood.
- Garrett Kell and Del Ray Baptist Church in nearby Alexandria, Virginia.
- Ed Stetzer.
- Matt Schmucker.
- Tim Challies on teaching us how to think “Biblically” about CJ Mahaney and Sovereign Grace Ministries.
- Mars Hill Seattle using RSI and cheating the New York Times.
- John Catanzero.
- A Care Group Leader from Redeemer Arlington, Andrew White, who gave birth to a false accusation that took aim at my name, employment and reputation. By abusing his authority this Air Force Captain and 2005 graduate from the Air Force Academy in Colorado Springs, Colorado taught me why rape and sexual assault is a serious issue in the United States military.
- Doug Wilson.
- Doug Wilson marrying a pedophile Travis Sitler to Katie Travis despite the concerns by the State of Idaho.
- Doug Wilson believing that blacks benefited from slavery.
- The fact that many Neo-Calvinists act and live like Jonah in that they flee rather then face their problems. Mark Driscoll, CJ Mahaney and so many more are not men. Instead they are cowards!
- Neo-Calvinism using Peacemakers which is fraudulent arbitration more about controlling the outcome than bringing justice and seeking peace.
- Mars Hill Albuquerque doing “demon trials.”
- Southern Baptist, and Evangelical Free churches being theologically hijacked. Is Neo-Calvinism more spiritually representative of God? Or Al Qaeda?
- Bruce Ware.
- The fact that many Neo-Calvinist bloggers and leaders can’t absorb different points of view and close the comments on their blogs. This is the reason why Jon Bloom got an email from me letting him know that he is free to comment here as I do welcome differing points of view.
- John MacArthur.
- Neo-Calvinism embracing the shepherding movement despite its problems and issues.
- Steve Hardin at The Village Church Flower Mound campus texting Karen Hinkley late at night when she wanted to be left alone. Now that is stalking. But remember its in Matt Chandler’s church so its okay. Has Steve Hardin ever repented of that behavior?
- Matt Younger at The Village Church, and his effort to put Karen Hinkley for church discipline for annulling her marriage to a pedophile addicted to child pornography. Has Matt Younger repented of his behavior toward Karen Hinkley?
- The fact that ministries like Soverign Grace have perfected the personality cult in ways Communism could not. For example to know that there are men and pastors who shave their head to look like CJ Mahaney is disturbingly reminiscent of the way men in North Korea get haircuts to look like the ‘Dear Leader.’ That said there is one key difference between North Korea and Sovereign Grace – men in Sovereign Grace do this voluntarily….not under the threat of being executed such as individuals in North Korea.
- Jonathan Leeman.
- Joe Carter thinking he’s a pit bull for The Gospel Coalition when in reality he’s more like one of those annoying Laso Apso’s constantly yapping.
- Carolyn Mahaney…have you not heard? Did you not know? The Lord your God suffocated at Calvary so that your kitchen counter can be clean.
- Andy Davis of FBC Durham who called a lovely lady who I had the distinguished honor of meeting and hugging an unregenerate in a church coup with politics that belonged more in Africa or Latin America. The reality is that Andy Davis is the unregenerate, and the Neo-Calvinists Cousin Eddy (See Christmas Vacation to understand) and the 78th reason why we need a new reformation.
- J.D. Greear.
- Jen Wilkin at The Village Church who said in response to the Newtown shooting with Adam Lanza, “I have not pulled a trigger, but I have harmed my share of victims. The killer lies dead, but I live on to harm again.” My claim then, and now, especially with the Paris terrorist attacks…Jen Wilkin if you’re capable of going into an environment of crowded people and participating in mass violence, again I say turn yourself into the Dallas police. I don’t want to read about another massacre. I know some people refer to Neo-Calvinism as the Islamization of Christianity…but do we need jihad as well?
- The fact that some define suffering and persecution as fleeing from Gaithersburg, Maryland to Louisville and establish a church in the Louisville Marriot. Have you not heard? True suffering is getting the wrong coffee made!
- King Sutton Turner of Mars Hill Seattle
- How the Acts 29 network and Mark Driscoll treated Ron Wheeler.
- Books that have titles of “waste” in them. Such as “Don’t Waste Your Sports” or “Don’t Waste Your Life.” The reality of the situation is reading a book from a celebrity pastor who in all likelihood is never the author anyway is a waste of time, and a wasted life.
- Conferences, conferences, and conferences. The Money changers are in charge of the Temple.
- John MacArthur’s strange fire conference in which he ranted about charismaticism while then going to participate in T4G with CJ Mahaney sitting next to him.
- A denomination, Sovereign Grace, which forces 3 year olds to forgive their molesters.
- Mark Mullery of SG Fairfax barking at Grizzley to “get your wife (Noel) under control.”
- Again, did I mention Jonathan Leeman?
- Covenant Fellowship Church.
- “Biblical” counseling that doesn’t treat needed mental health issues and creates more problems in the long run.
- Celebrity Pastors which are nothing but an oxymoron.
- The cover up of child sex abuse while focusing on other sexual sin. Isn’t child sex abuse sin as well?
- Neo-Calvinism as taught is nothing but pure determinism which makes the problem of evil worse.
- The best reason why we need a new Reformation I saved for last. The fact that two women in North Carolina, Dee Parsons and Deb Martin have more balls then many of the men on this list speaks volumes about their lack of charachter and leadership.
When it comes to Revolution and uprising there is one song that has crossed cultural boundaries and is used repeatedly. In May of 2013 violent protests took place in Istanbul, Turkey over plans to remove Taksim Gezi Park. Protestors uploaded the song in social media and used it to resist. Recently in Hong Kong some of the largest demonstrations took place over democracy in September 2014 since the British turned over Hong Kong in 1997. The protestors used this song to push back against Beijing. The song is none other then “Do You Hear the People Sing” from Les Miserables. I propose that it be the rally cry in the corruption and tyranny of Neo-Calvinism. It’s over due and it’s time for a new Reformation. Let’s make it possible.